Organizational Element: APPLICATION SERVICE DIRECTORATE
Salary (Pay Basis): 4,086.66Euro (EUR) Monthly Grade B.5
The Education & Training Service Line Chief is accountable to the DAS for the provision of Education and Training Services to NATO and the Nations.The mission of the Education & Training Service Line (E&TSL) is to manage, coordinate and deliver education and training services to Agency customers and internal staff in support of NATO strategic operational and business objectives.
Within the E&TSL, the Training Control Group, located mostly in Mons, BEL, assists in all aspects of the organisation and support to the provision of training to NCI Agency and customers. The Training Control Group is looking for a Principal Staff Assistant Training to strengthen the team.
Under the direction of Head Training Control Group the incumbent will perform duties such as the following:
- Provide full logistical support to all training events, including scheduling of programs, notification of attendees, enrolling participants, reception of training materials, managing all program information, pre-course work and evaluations, implementing cancellation policy and ensuring quality control;
- Provide facility management, book training rooms and ensure appropriate set up and availability of materials;
- Monitor, administer and ensure training schedules are met;
- Monitor attendance of students on scheduled courses and liaise with training providers to ensure the amount to be invoiced is in accordance with the number of attendees in each class and the terms of the contract;
- Liaise with and provide guidance to the training coordinators of Agency units;
- Directly liaise with NATO School Oberammergau (POC for all Agency staff) for booking of relevant training requirements;
- Directly liaise with NATO CIS School (NCISS) Latina (POC for service line staff based at Mons);
- Directly liaise with selected main training suppliers for booking of training requirements;
- Liaise with the Security Office for the access of trainers and students to classrooms located in buildings with restricted access;
- Check accuracy and certify invoices for payment;
- Develop and update statistical spreadsheets/databases of training information;
- Maintain updated database and training records;
- Update training-related content on intranet page;
- Monitor the execution of the training and travel allocated budgets;
- Evaluate and make recommendations on training material and methodology;
- Assist in the development and implementation of NCI Agency training plans and policy;
- May be requested to participate in work priorities and meetings in other NATO locations;
- Perform other duties as directed or assigned.
Person specification Qualifications required:
You will have vocational training at a higher administrative level in a relevant discipline, or equivalent combination of qualification and experience.
You will be required to have at least 8 years of experience of working in an administrative function. In addition, you will need to prove:
- At least 2 years of experience in coordinating (training) events in a commercial environment or in an equivalent commercial organizing and coordinating post
- Intermediate knowledge of instructional theory and implementation;
- MS office proficiency with demonstrated experience utilizing Excel and MS SharePoint;
- Displays high ability to exercise judgment of priorities, organizing multiple tasks simultaneously and working with minimal direction;
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple assignments efficiently;
- Ability to take initiative and a flexible approach allowing the incumbent to respond reliably and competently to changing requirements in a demanding environment;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of the Agency and customer organizations.
It will be considered and asset if you can prove:
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT;
- Background in contract development between commercial entities and governments or international organisations in terms of Statements of Work and Service Level Agreements;
- Knowledge of internal standards of finance and accounting in relation to commercial training;
- Experience in financial management and or reporting systems;
- Working with People Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Relating and Networking Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff; relates well to people at all levels; builds wide and effective networks of contacts; uses humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
- Planning and Organising Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
A thorough knowledge of English, both written and spoken, is essential and some knowledge of the other NATO official language is desirable. NOTE: Most of the work of the NCI Agency is conducted in the English language.
Business travel to NATO and national (NATO and non-NATO) facilities as well as travel between NCI Agency locations. May be required to undertake duty travel to operational theatres inside and outside NATO boundaries.
What do we offer?
- Excellent tax-free salary, including (where eligible) expatriation household and children’s allowances and additional privileges for expatriate staff.
- Education allowance for children (where appropriate) and an excellent private health insurance scheme.
- Generous annual leave and home leave (if eligible).
- Retirement Pension Plan.
To learn more about NCI Agency and our work, please visit our website.
Please note that due to the Agency’s transition into a new structure in the near future, this post may be subject to transfer to one of our other locations, as well as to a change of reporting lines. The final decision will be made at the time of a firm offer.
The Agency’s recruitment team advises you that due to the large volume of applications it receives the screening process may take up to 2 months after closing date. We appreciate your patience.