The Economic Advancement Program aims to promote economic opportunity for all in ways that foster open, tolerant and prosperous societies. The EAP employs a range of tools including deploying investment capital, pursuing economic policy advocacy, making grants to support civil society actors, and engaging in discourses that shape decision-making.
We are looking for a Team Assistant to join our team based in London. The internal title for this role is Program Administrative Specialist. The successful candidate will provide advanced administrative and operational support to the EAP’s senior management based in London.
We are interested in candidates with demonstrable skills and experience in managing complex administrative and operational processes. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to identify new administrative or operational needs, and also develop and implement those needs as required.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- scheduling meetings, processing expenses and coordinating travel arrangements.
- managing departmental events and program schedule and organizing regular staff meetings; Including assisting with complex event planning, managing logistics, and budgets.
- coordinating department-wide activities such as selection meetings, regional conferences and summer schools.
- comprehensive diary management for Directors in the team.
- provides ongoing complex data tracking, review and visualization. May help develop reporting tools and templates and departmental-wide data management strategy.
- stays abreast of relevant organizational policies and compliance requirements and assists staff with understanding, operationalizing, and adhering to relevant policies and guidelines may train staff on grants or other processes/workflows.
- data entry, manager support, basic event management support.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a position similar to the duties described above.
- demonstrable administrative experience at a large organization; experience of working across multiple locations will be an added advantage.
- highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages, must be comfortable learning new proprietary software systems; experience in the use of data management and visualization platforms and databases (e.g. Salesforce, NetSuite, etc.) is strongly desirable.
- proven ability to set up processes, systems and workflows, and ensure adherence to procedures and follow-up.
- experience with record keeping, budget management, and finance administration is important.
Work Environment and Physical Demands: Essential functions are typically performed in an office setting with a low level of noise. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations, and we welcome and actively seek applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences.