The European Historic Houses Association is looking for an intern, for a period of minimum six months, starting December 7, 2015. A small financial compensation of €400, – is provided.
Deadline for applications is November 13, 2015!
The European Historic Houses Association is the Brussels-based voice of privately owned historic houses and gardens to the European institutions. Its membership comprises 22 national associations, representing no less than 50,000 private historic houses. Its goals are:
- to promote European cooperation regarding the conservation of historic houses and gardens;
- to provide a platform for the exchange of information and support for national historic house associations;
- to promote interest in the historical, aesthetic, educational, environmental, economic and social aspects of historic houses and gardens;
- to promote the extension and improvement of current historic houses, parks, gardens and estates to enable society as a whole to enjoy their attractions, beauty and story.
Profile and Qualifications:
- Excellent command of English and French, both spoken and written.
- A good command of German is also required;
- Degree in European Affairs, Political Science, History and Cultural Heritage;
- Good knowledge of and interested in cultural heritage, European policy and the role of interest groups;
- Good communication skills
- Organized, motivated;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team.
Important!! The candidate must be covered by an internship agreement, which ensures that the internship is done during his or her education, or within one year after graduation!
- Event-organisation, including a programme of visits to historic houses in Austria;
- Administrative and secretarial tasks;
- Contact and liaison with member organizations from across Europe
- Monitor EU legislation regarding issues affecting the organization
- Assist in the coordination of lobby campaigns
- Maintenance and development of the website and social media
- Writing of reports, newsletters, articles, …
- Attending and reporting on external meetings and conferences (notably at the EU institutions)
Please send your CV and cover letter to Ms. Delphine Dupeux firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
If you wish more information, please consult here.