Airlines for Europe (A4E) is Europe’s new and largest airline association, based in Brussels. Launched in January 2016, the association consists of airBaltic, Air France KLM, Cargolux, easyJet, Finnair, Icelandair, International Airlines Group (IAG), Jet2.com, Lufthansa Group, Norwegian, Ryanair, Travel Service, Volotea and plans to grow further. With more than 550 million passengers on board each year, A4E members account for more than 70 per cent of the continent’s passenger journeys, operating more than 2,700 airplanes and generating EUR 93 billion in annual turnover. More at www.a4e.eu.
Airlines for Europe (A4E) is looking for a talented and enthusiastic trainee to join our team in Brussels for a traineeship (minimum 6 months) starting on 1st September 2017.
- Assist Policy Directors in implementing A4E campaigns
- Conduct research for study on the impact of the aviation sector on the EU economy
- Conduct background research on relevant dossiers
- Conduct political monitoring for the transport sector in Brussels
- Provide administrative and operational support to the office
- An academic background in international relations, economics or political science (or similar), and you are currently enrolled in or have just graduated from a Master’s degree
- A passion for, and knowledge of, the EU and its processes and policies
- A strong interest in aviation and the airline industry as well as government affairs
- Native Proficiency in English (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to develop a personal network in Brussels
- Oral & written fluency in English and at least one other major European language (French and/or German would be an advantage)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Flexibility to multi-task, ability to perform under tight deadlines and a hands-on mentality
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team in a multicultural environment
- Experience in event management (considered a plus).
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in Brussels at the interface of industry and politics
- Insights into the aviation world
- Challenging, high-profile traineeship in a stimulating start-up environment
- Monthly remuneration
If you suit the above-mentioned criteria, please apply by sending your CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention in the subject line “A4E Traineeship”. The deadline for your application is 13 July 2017.