The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (ALDE Party) is the European political family, bringing together parties with common liberal, democrat and reform ideas from more than 30 European countries. Its role is to strengthen the liberal democrat movement throughout Europe, define a common political vision and communicate it effectively to European citizens. The Brussels-based Secretariat of the Party supports its activities, organises its meetings, manages its external communication and facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties.
To support our Political Communication activities we are now seeking a Brussels based Graphic Design Intern.
As Graphic Design Intern, you will report to the Head of the Communication Unit and provide graphic support in all fields of Political Communication and Event & Fundraising of the ALDE Party.
The main responsibilities will include…
- Quickly producing visuals for social media communication and fundraising campaigns
- Ensuring the graphic and visual coherence of ALDE Party products
- Maintaining the ALDE Party website content, optimise images, cross browser tests, monitor website up time and traffic, track broken links, etc…
- Coordinating the production of publications
- Excellent knowledge of the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign); Good understanding of PHP and HTML, knowledge of Drupal is a plus
- Pro-active & responsive with ability to quickly understand tasks & situations and to propose creative solutions
- Innovative thinking and experience in implementing communication campaigns
- Good spoken & written English skills, other languages a distinct asset
- Attention to detail & a highly organised approach
- We offer a 6 month “Contrat d’Insertion Professionelle” with a net salary of 750 EUR
- Meaningful, tangible and immediate results of your work and a chance to develop skills and showcase your talent
- Direct feedback and career tips from management
- A great challenge and competitive advantage on the job market
- Understanding EU and international politics in a young & dynamic international environment
- Occasional travel in the European Union
To apply, please send a CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 24 February 2016, mentioning the vacancy reference “Graphic Design Intern” in the subject line.