Are you a good story teller? Do your friends look to you on Facebook and Twitter for the latest trends, ideas, and online memes? Can you reflect these skills to manage social media outreach for a non-profit organisation? Are you passionately interested in the topics of sustainability, development, CSR, environment and circular economy?
We have a fast paced work environment and seek talented employees who crave learning new skills and aren’t afraid to tackle big projects. As an intern you will get to work with every level of the organisation, while working on real projects that will help us achieve our mission to sustainably bridge the digital divide.
Our ideal candidate is someone who walks into a room of people and can’t leave without making a few friends. Someone who is crazy about social media and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships.
About Close the Gap & WorldLoop
Close the Gap is an ICT (information communication technology) for development not-for-profit based in Brussels Belgium, active in more than 50 countries around the world bridging the digital divide. Together with its sister organisation WorldLoop, we engage with social entrepreneurs, students, change agents and some of the world’s biggest companies working to sustainably empower communities in developing countries through ICT.
What You Will Learn:
- Together with the Communications team, create and implement long term social media plan and marketing calendar to grow Close the Gap and WorldLoop’s online social networks and visibility.
- Relationship building with Close the Gap’s online community by updating, maintaining and responding to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media accounts to bring value to those user’s interactions with Close the Gap and WorldLoop.
- How to track social media analytics using Google Analytics and other software, and report results and new ideas to the entire team.
- Work with the team to research articles, stories and resources relevant to our stakeholders, and create compelling content that will be shared by influencers.
- Creative feedback and viral loops between our Facebook Page, twitter, LinkedIn, website and blog accounts.
- Assist Communications team in building and presenting social media strategy.
- Working with Close the Gap and WorldLoop’s various partners and expanding your network and communication skills.
Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
- Background in Commercial Engineering, Business, Marketing, Communication, non-profit management or other related discipline.
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both multi-tasking and taking initiative. You are also comfortable with working independently as well as in collaboration team.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills (in English).
- Experience with website CMS (WordPress) Microsoft applications, CRM database, basic photo-editing software, and internet browsers. Basic design skills. Experience with Photoshop, InDesign, infographics or video editing tools a plus.
- Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms in professional manners, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+. Experience in use of social media in professional environment is a big plus.
- Interested in sustainability, partnerships, ICT for development and community development.
- Fluency in English required. French and/or Dutch a bonus.
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become extremely knowledgeable in online communication, a master of twitter (and Google Analytics), and understanding of the right tactics to combine online marketing with overarching outreach goals in a professional setting. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other external partners and stakeholders.
- This position is available part-time or full-time with a minimum of 16 hours/week (negotiable based on academic requirements)
- This internship is only open to students currently enrolled in university, with eligibility to work within the EU who are seeking internship credit to fulfill academic requirements.
- A computer station is available to use for completing internship projects and tasks.
- Candidates should maintain a positive attitude under pressure, exhibit a strong work ethic, and enjoy working in a multi-cultural office, with a wide range of personalities.
- This internship will benefit someone who is interested in marketing, ICT for development, community relations, and audience marketing.
- This is an unpaid internship
How to apply?
Please send your motivation letter, a writing sample (in English), and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your availability.