About Community Public Affairs
Community Public Affairs is the Brussels based division of Community Group. Our multinational team is dedicated to providing European Union public affairs and communication services for our clients in new and innovative ways that appeal to European policy makers.
We are a young and ambitious agency which has successfully attracted a great team of talented consultants.
About the job
To support our business growth we are looking for a motivated public affairs professional as an intern in Brussels to start from 1 January 2017 onwards. The internship will last for six months (potentially renewable) and is remunerated.
If you are eager to learn, proactive, passionate about the EU environment and able to work collaboratively in a small and dynamic structure, this opportunity might be for you.
You should relish the challenges of handling a mix of public affairs and communications activities across various industries, including information and communications technology (ICT), fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), healthcare and energy/environment.
Under the guidance of senior team members, your tasks will include:
- Monitoring, gathering intelligence and providing analysis of EU policies and legislation;
- Researching and drafting background notes;
- Attending and reporting on meetings;
- Providing logistical support for meetings and events;
- Assisting with business administration;
- Performing other tasks as requested to contribute to the objectives of Community Public Affairs.
Qualifications and skills:
- Masters degree in political science, European affairs/studies or law or related field;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Proven knowledge of the EU decision making process and stakeholders environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Working knowledge of one or more European languages is an asset;
- Relevant experience in a consultancy/in-house, EU institution, trade association or other relevant professional environment;
- Strong collaboration skills and a positive, can-do attitude.
Applicants are invited to send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15 October 2016
. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.