POSITION: Legal intern
Length: 12 months – start date: Mid-May 2017
Purpose of the Role:
This intern will assist the in-house Legal Advisor in the daily management and administration of the Association’s contracts (drafting, negotiating and revising contracts) in close collaboration with the responsible Concawe Sciences Executives.
The Association represents the interests of 41 Companies operating petroleum refineries in the EU. Members account for almost 100% of EU petroleum refining capacity and more than 75% of EU motor fuel retail sales.
The Association aims to promote economically and environmentally sustainable refining, supply and use of petroleum products in the EU, by providing input and expert scientific advice to the EU Institutions, Member State Governments, member companies, and the wider community, thus contributing in a constructive and proactive way to the development and implementation of EU policies and regulations.
- Assist the in-house Legal Advisor in the daily management and administration of the Association’s contracts (drafting, negotiating and revising contracts)
- Manage the contracts for the Association, throughout their life-cycle: drafting, negotiating and revising contracts such as consultancy services agreements and research contracts, in close collaboration with the responsible Concawe Science Executive and Legal Advisor
- Assist in the revision of internal procedures and statutes
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Secretariat on legal issues
- Take minutes of meetings for the Legal Issue Group (LIG)
- Administer, maintain and update the Association’s contracts database
Education & Experience
- You hold a degree in Law with a specialisation in Contract Law
- You have good English legal drafting skills
- You have strong co-ordination and negotiation skills with an eye for details
- Some acquaintance with environmental legal issues is an asset
- A previous experience in a similar role in an international company or law firm is an asset
Skills & Competences
- You are fluent in English and have a good knowledge of French
- You have good oral and written communication abilities
- You are a team worker
- You are flexible, diplomatic, with good cultural sensitivity
- You are able to work independently and autonomously with problem solving approach
- You are able to respect deadlines and tight timing
EU citizenship or permit to work in EU is required.
The internship is remunerated.
For application, please send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Legal internship” in the subject of your e-mail.