The European Centre for International Political Economy (ECIPE) is an independent and non-profit policy research think tank dedicated to trade policy and other international economic policy issues of importance to Europe. It was founded in 2006 by Fredrik Erixon and Razeen Sally. ECIPE is rooted in the classical tradition of free trade and an open world economic order.
The internship is located in Brussels. It is remunerated and lasts for between 3 and 6 months. The intern will participate in the work of ECIPE on digital issues and undergo a training programme that is designed after his/her future career interests. He/she will assist ECIPE’s scholars with research programmes, conduct literature reviews, collect and analyse data, write draft reports and short contributions for the website (blog post format), assist in multiple project researches by collecting and synthesising the necessary information. Additionally he/she helps with the organisation’s event management and support general administrative and organisational tasks.
- A strong interest in digital trade policy (previous experience desirable)
- Master’s degree in economics, international economics/trade economics, international political economy, or an equivalent discipline relevant for digital policy research
- For non-economist applicants: basic knowledge of economics and good numerical skills, including MS Excel is compulsory
- Fluent (both spoken and written) English
We are particularly looking for candidates with an excellent academic record and with a strong interest for a future career in academia, journalism, or policy making.
- Letter of interest explaining the reasons to apply for an internship with ECIPE (no more than 1 page);
- CV with two academic references (contact details are sufficient);
- A writing sample (an article or an essay) in digital policy
How to apply:
Applications deadline is January 25th. The documents should be sent to email@example.com as one PDF file. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.