The Application Developers Alliance is a global membership organization association that supports developers and the app industry. The Apps Alliance membership includes tens of thousands of developers and hundreds of companies, including: mobile app publishers, platforms, hardware manufacturers, wireless carriers, developer tools, ad networks, and service providers.
The Application Developers Alliance is seeking a fulltime policy and communications intern located in Brussels to support the Alliance’s policy initiatives with the EU Parliament, EU Commission and national legislative and regulatory affairs.
Duties will include
- Tracking, analyzing and summarizing legislation and regulations;
- Draft policy position papers;
- Attend and summarize legislative and regulatory hearings;
- Attend policy events;
- Assist with scheduling and planning meetings;
- Draft press releases;
- Work with the communications, marketing and membership teams on cross-functional matters to advance the interests of the Alliance and its members; and
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant experience working with, or demonstrated interest in, EU affairs, EU institutions and tech policy;
- Masters degree and experience with trade associations is a plus;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Media knowledge and skills, including social media;
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under deadlines;
- Exhibit superior customer service skills on an ongoing basis;
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment; and
- Excellent English – knowledge of French and/or German is a plus.
Candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject EU Policy Intern.