The European Banking Federation (EBF) is seeking to recruit a trainee for its Public Affairs Unit.
The PA Trainee will work with our Brussels team to support our public affairs – related activities. The traineeship will be for six months in duration (renewable), beginning in September 2016. The trainee will work from our office in Brussels and will report to the Head of Public Affairs.
The trainee will be asked to assist with a range of tasks. These may include requests to:
- Assist in updating, researching and drafting public affairs-related documents;
- Prepare and attend internal and external briefings and meetings, taking thorough notes;
- Assist with organisation of events and meetings, including making telephone calls, sending invitations, preparing certain documents (agendas, presentations, etc.) taking responsibility over logistics / registration, in coordination with other EBF colleagues;
- Help monitor and map the developments and activities in and around the EU institutions.
- Managing and updating the database of stakeholders;
- Provide general administrative support as required;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by his / her supervisor.
The successful candidate:
- Must be an EU citizen (with the necessary permits to work throughout the EU);
- Must be student or recent post-graduated, preferably on Political Sciences, Law, Communications or equivalent;
- Must NOT have already completed a 12-month ‘immersion professionnelle’ or have been in full time professional employment yet. Working experience with EU institutions would be a strong plus.
- Has excellent written and verbal English communication skills; German and French are desirable;
- Needs strong drafting and presentation skills as well as attention to details;
- Needs to have good interpersonal skills and both the abilities to be a good team player and be capable of working independently;
- Has excellent experience of MS Office tools (Word and PowerPoint in particular);
- Should possess a good understanding of the EU decision-making process;
- Should be able to produce work of a high standard – under pressure and to tight deadlines – and to use initiative to regularly report on progress;
- Should have an interest in banking or financial services.
STARTING DATE: September 2016
DURATION of the internship/convention of professional immersion: 6 months (renewable).
- Interesting work in a European setting;
- International and multi-cultural environment.
Please send your application (including one letter explaining why you are interested + curriculum vitae) to Ms. Pina Elégant, HR & Operations Executive Director by 10 August 2016 at the latest email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the European Banking Federation:
The European Banking Federation is the voice of the European banking sector, uniting 32 national banking associations in Europe that, together, represent some 4,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international employing about 2.5 million people. EBF members represent banks that make available loans to the European economy in excess of €20 trillion and that securely handle more than 300 million payment transactions per day. Launched in 1960, the EBF is committed to creating a single market for financial services in the European Union and to supporting policies that foster economic growth. Website: www.ebf.eu