The European Movement International offers an ongoing internship programme. The EU Affairs Intern will be asked to perform a variety of tasks so he/she can get acquainted with the European Movement’s different areas of work and learn skills in a variety of subjects. He/she will have the opportunity to work on research and monitoring, stakeholder management and website management. He/she will also have the opportunity to contribute new ideas to the way we work, and may be asked to accompany the team on trips abroad to other European Movement offices.
About the European Movement International
The European Movement is a pan-European, pro-European organisation, present in 39 countries and encompassing over 75 member organisations. We believe in closer European integration and work across our continent to involve Europeans in the great debates of our time, inform policy-makers’ thinking and influence the direction the EU takes.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for a proactive and highly motivated individual, with an outgoing personality who will be able to help in the following areas:
- Preparation of daily EU news updates and weekly institutional agenda for members.
- Preparation of research for European Movement policy Background Briefings.
- Provide logistical and organisational support ahead of European Movement events.
- Support all European Movement communications activities around events.
- Curation of Social Media accounts (Twitter and Facebook).
- Edit and provide content for the European Movement website.
Eligibility and requirements:
Given that the role will require the individual to interact with a variety of international stakeholders, including high-level policy makers, we expect the following requirements:
- An Interest in EU Affairs.
- Good organisational skills and an ability to cope with fast-changing environments.
- Strong analytical and writing skills (in English), with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to live and work in Belgium.
- Any other language is an advantage.
- University degree (or higher).
Please note that there is no budget foreseen for this position. As such, candidates are required to be in full time education at the time of their application, and fulfilling a work placement requirement at university, with funding available to cover their internship.
Interested applicants should send a CV and short motivation letter to the European Movement Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that while this position is advertised on an ongoing basis, we ideally seek candidates who are able to work full-time between either September-December, or January-July. Successful candidates will be called for interviews.