Ranked as the most effective European Trade Association in Brussels in 2013, EuropaBio works through an outstanding Team of motivated and dedicated individuals to promote an innovative and dynamic biotechnology-based industry in Europe. Our members are involved in research, development, testing, manufacturing and commercialisation of biotechnology products and processes. Our corporate members have a wide range of activities: human and animal health care, diagnostics, bio-informatics, chemicals, crop protection, agriculture, food and environmental products and services. We also represent a number of national biotechnology associations in Europe who in turn represent more than 1800 biotech SMEs.
More details about EuropaBio: www.europabio.org
The Agricultural Biotechnology Team of EuropaBio is looking for a motivated intern for a 6-month period to start on September 1st. You will be working within the small but dynamic multinational agricultural biotech team based at the EuropaBio offices near Montgomery Square in Brussels.
This internship will provide you with valuable insights, contacts and experience in EU affairs and communications, and into agricultural technology and international trade.
During the six month’s period the intern will be asked to assist the agricultural biotech team with a range of tasks. These may include requests to:
- Assist in the organisation of internal and external events and meetings
- Help with the preparation of internal and external materials (briefing and position papers, official submissions, newsletters, factsheets, etc.)
- Monitor media, political and technical developments (European Parliament, Council, Commission, EFSA)
- Attend and report on external events
- Must be an EU citizen (with the necessary permits to work throughout the EU)
- Must be graduated
- Must NOT have already completed a 12 Month ‘immersion professionel’ or have been in full time professional employment yet
- Must have a very high standard of both written and spoken English (office language), strong drafting skills and attention to detail
- Must have MS Computer Skills (PowerPoint and Word in particular)
- Must be a quick learner and self-starter
- Must be a team player but also be able to work independently and with tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and personal presentation
- Good understanding of the functioning of the EU and its decision making process
- Background in either EU affairs, law, communications or biotechnology
- Fluency in more than one EU language
- Interest in regulatory and policy affairs, communications, technology and agriculture
Terms and conditions
You will be offered a professional integration agreement for 6 months. Working hours are from 09:00 until 18:00 Monday to Friday with a one hour break for lunch. The intern will be entitled to 6 days holiday plus national bank holidays.
To apply, please send a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Intern Agricultural biotech team” before Wednesday June 22, 2016.