Type of contract: Traineeship of between 3 and 12 months in total.
Who can apply: EU nationals who are eligible according to our traineeship programme (Read more)
Salary: The trainee grant is €1,050 per month plus an accommodation allowance.
Working time: Full-time
Place of work: Frankfurt, Germany
Closing date for applications: Monday, 13 November 2017
In your role as trainee, you will be part of the Data Protection team, with the Directorate General Legal. The Data Protection team is responsible for ensuring the internal application of the EC Data Protection Regulation. This involves providing the ECB with recommendations and advice, responding to requests from the European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS) and cooperating with the EDPS, ensuring that data controllers and data subjects are informed of their data protection rights and obligations, keeping a record of the processing operations carried out by the data controller and notifying the EDPS of any processing operations which may present specific risks to the rights and freedoms of data subjects.
As trainee you will:
- provide support to the day-to-day tasks of the Data Protection Officer; and
- contribute to the Data Protection Officer’s advisory practice in data protection law matters.
The position offers you an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the provision of legal assistance in matters related to data protection and to acquire practical experience of the day-to-day activities of the Data Protection Officer.
You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the life of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a bachelor’s degree or higher in law or another relevant field obtained in a Member State of the EU;
- a demonstrable interest in data protection law;
- a sound understanding of EU law;
- an awareness of, and interest in, the role and functioning of the ECB;
- an advanced command of English and an intermediate command of at least one other official language of the EU.
- a keen interest in Information Technology (IT) or some experience in the field of IT;
- an undergraduate qualification or postgraduate qualification in the field of data protection;
- some experience in the field of data protection.
You are curious and eager to learn, and want to further develop your ability to analyse complex information. You are keen to collaborate with others, pursue team goals and learn from other people’s diverse perspectives. You strive to know and anticipate stakeholder needs, and will signal any need for change and propose alternative solutions.
The recruitment process for this position may include a remote written exercise and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – a Skype interview.
Application and selection process
Find more information under “How you can join us”: Read more.