Traineeship opportunity at the European Institute of Peace
The European Institute of Peace (EIP) is a new initiative at the heart of Europe with a global scope. The EIP contributes to and complements the global peace agenda of Europe and the European Union, mainly through mediation and informal dialogue. The Institute pursues multi-track diplomacy and acts as a flexible, external tool in support of EU mediation efforts where the EU has limited freedom to act. It also serves as an operational hub, and connects existing expertise and shares knowledge and lessons on European mediation.
We are looking for a trainee to complete our Mediation Quality Programme team starting as soon as possible.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Reporting to the Mediation Director;
- Supporting the team on all aspects of programme development and implementation;
- Supporting the team and consultants with logistics, administrative issues etc.;
- Contribute research, analysis and writing to all aspects of the programme;
- Assisting in compiling briefing materials and preparing speeches for senior leadership;
- Assist in the drafting, editing and distribution of various publications;
- Prepare donor proposals and reports;
- Update website pages and social media with current information regularly;
- Assist in planning and organizing workshops, trainings and other events within the Mediation Quality Programme, including administrative support;
- Manage and maintain project documentation;
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Applicants must demonstrate the following qualifications and requirements in order to be considered (in particular, those that are in bold):
- University degree in political science, international relations, or related field;
- A relevant post-graduate diploma/degree;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills;
- Perfect command of English, French is desirable, other languages are a plus;
- Familiarity with the relevant international efforts on mediation, mediation-support and dialogue facilitation;
- In-depth understanding of the use of social media and communication;
- Ability to work well under deadlines;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team;
- EU citizen
- Paid traineeship (1,000€ per month)
- 6-month contract with a possibility of extension
- Benefits include luncheon vouchers and contribution to public transportation ticket
- 40h/work week
Deadline for application is 25 April 2016, 10:00. Late applications will not be considered.
Please submit your CV with a motivation letter to email@example.com
Strong candidates will be contacted for an interview. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen to participate in an interview process will be contacted.