EMMA is a non-profit organization representing over 15.000 magazine publishers throughout Europe publishing over 50.000 titles in Europe, reaching on average 80% of European adults. 300 million Europeans read magazines on a regular, consistent basis. More information is available at www.magazinemedia.eu
ENPA is an international non-profit organization representing publishers of newspaper and news media on all platforms. ENPA is working on a number of areas of European policy and legislation which are essential for the effective day-to-day running of operations of local, regional and national newspapers. In a rapidly changing media environment, ENPA supports publishers with the aim of achieving a successful and sustainable future for independent news media in Europe. More information is available online: www.enpa.eu
EMMA and ENPA are offering an unpaid, full-time internship at the Secretariat’s offices in Brussels for a period of 3-6 months (a small allowance for transport and food will be paid). This internship will be of benefit particularly for anyone who seeks professional experience related to lobbying in a European, membership-based organisation.
The internship offers the possibility to learn about the work of EMMA and ENPA, especially its advocacy and communication actions in Brussels, and the priorities of magazine publishers today. It consists of support and assistance in the following areas:
- Monitor legislative and non-legislative activity, detect key issues and analyse their impact on the European magazine publishing industry
- Support EMMA and ENPA’s public affairs work, including the preparation of briefings, contact plans, newsletter articles and monitoring of parliamentary discussions
- Research and background work to support the overall activities of EMMA and ENPA
- Support EMMA and ENPA’s administration and organisational work, such as preparing meetings with members and organizing meetings with the EU institutions
- Knowledge of the EU Institutions, including decision-making procedures, as well as EU law
- An excellent team-player, with a demonstrated interest in media policy in the EU context
- Excellent English language skills and very good written and verbal communication skills: phone calls to arrange meetings and drafting of articles for members is part of the weekly job
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database)
- Self-motivated, well organized and able to work efficiently
- Ideally working towards a degree in political sciences or law. Previous experience in an EU institution or an EU association is an asset.
EMMA/ENPA internships are only open to candidates registered in a University/school/institute, as a contract must be signed between EMMA and the student’s home university. Please note that this is a compulsory condition; applications that do not match this criterion will not be short listed.
How to apply:
Please send a CV, covering letter, and your availability to begin the internship in Fall 2017 to Cynthia Pulido to the following email address: Cynthia.Pulido@enpa.eu
Subject heading: Application Intern + your name
Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the right candidate is found.
September 8, 2017