The Future Media Lab. is a think tank hosted by EMMA that operates at the interface of media innovation and public policy at EU level. The Future Media Lab. runs a variety of different projects, one of which is AEMII. More information can be found at www.futuremedialab.info.
EMMA’s Future Media Lab. is offering a full-time unpaid internship at its offices in Brussels for 6 months (there is a small allowance for accommodation and public transport). Deadline for applications is Friday, 25 March 2016. However, interviews will take place on a rolling basis, so the position may be filled prior to this date.
The successful candidate for this internship will assist the Future Media Lab. team on a new media innovation and insights accelerator, AEMII, which is currently in the process of being launched. More details about the project can be found at www.aemii.eu.
The internship offers the possibility for the intern to assist in the launch of a new media innovation accelerator, AEMII, a project which is being developed by the Future Media Lab. team alongside a US-based artificial intelligence start-up, ECUITI. AEMII, which stands for “Accelerating European Media Insights and Innovation”, is a collaborative effort to serve the needs of the European media ecosystem to provide quality content and better engagement with audiences. AEMII will enable journalists and publishers to create, distribute and innovate world-class journalism and compelling engagement across Europe by harnessing the power of the digital transformation via a technology platform and data driven insight generator.
The selected candidate will work closely with the Future Media Lab. team and AEMII project manager:
– To help develop the overall management/coordination of the project, i.e. arranging meetings/conference calls, engaging with stakeholders, etc.;
– Aggregate and integrate materials into simple communications (press releases, updates, marketing documents, social media, blog posts, etc.);
– To help identify and reach out to potential innovation partners, publishing partners and funding partners while maintaining relationships with existing partners.
– Knowledge of Europe’s media sector.
– Background in communications, marketing and/or project management.
– Interest in big data and related technologies.
– Fluency in English and one other European language is beneficial.
– Strong IT skills.
– Entrepreneurial spirit.
– Self-motivated, well-organized and able to work efficiently.
EMMA internships are only open to candidates registered at a University/school/institute, as a contract must be signed between EMMA and the student’s home university. Please note that this is a compulsory condition; applications that do not match this criterion will not be short-listed.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter to Max von Abendroth, Executive Director of EMMA to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject heading: Application AEMII Project Intern + your name
DEADLINE: 25 March 2016 Please note: We will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis, so the position may be filled before the deadline is reached.