Position: Intern/Gender Mainstreaming
Employment Regime: Internship
Ref. Number: IEK-00001 (1 position)
Location: Western Balkans Region (Kosovo)
Availability: 15 June 2017
Component/Department/Unit: Office of the Head of Mission/Deputy Head of Mission
Security Clearance Level: No Personnel Security Clearance is needed
Open to contributing third States: Yes
For Sponsored candidates: Please complete the below Application Form (Annex 2) and submit it through your national authorities.
For Direct candidates: Please click on the link below to fill in and submit your application online.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To draft a report on results and lessons learned from gender mainstreaming activities of EULEX KOSOVO;
- To support the Gender Advisors in the coordination of the gender focal-points network;
- To assist the Gender Advisors in promoting its activities and the gender-related activities of EULEX KOSOVO;
- To assist the Gender Advisors by preparing briefings, memos or taking minutes;
- To carry out other tasks to assist the Gender Advisors in the implementation of the Mission’s mandate as and where required.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of minimum three years of studies corresponding to a Bachelor’s degree in Gender Studies, Law, Political Science or any other related fields;
- Knowledge of international women’s rights frameworks and the women, peace and security agenda;
- Self-motivated and committed to continuous learning;
- International experience, multicultural understanding;
- Excellent communication skills, coupled with proficiency in oral and written English;
- Excellent drafting skills and ability to structure written materials effectively;
- Well-organized and able to multi-task;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Enrolment in further studies in the above, leading towards a Master’s or Doctorate, or the equivalent;
- Knowledge of the functioning of the EU and in particular CSDP Missions;
- Good understanding of the political, legal and cultural situation in Kosovo as well as an understanding of the mandate of the international and local organisations operating in the field;
- Proficiency in any of the official languages in Kosovo;
- Previous experience of working on gender/women, peace and security issues