EUROPEN – the European Organization for packaging and the Environment – is an EU industry association in Brussels presenting the opinion of the packaging supply chain in Europe, without favouring any specific material or system. Our members are comprised of multinational corporate companies spanning the packaging value chain (raw material producers, converters and brand owners) plus national packaging organizations all committed to continuously improving the environmental performances of packaged products, in collaboration with their suppliers and customers www.europen-packaging.eu.
To support our team we are recruiting an EU Public Affairs Intern.
The focus is mainly on assisting in EU policy work and to a lesser extent in communication activities. Tasks include among others:
- Research/monitor current policy developments;
- Organize and participate in meetings, including follow up actions;
- Produce/update/review information material related to packaging & environmental issues;
- Coordinate activities with members;
- Produce Power Point presentations;
- Work on specific projects (related to EU policies and communication ie updating Website and editing e-newsletter);
- Assist in administrative tasks.
- Independent, proactive, dynamic, and open-minded personality;
- Good knowledge of the EU, its institutions and processes;
- A Master degree in EU or Environmental Studies, Politics, Law, Economics, International relations or Journalism;
- Attention to detail and highly organised;
- Previous job experience preferred, but not required;
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, PPT, Internet)
- Proficiency in the use of social media is also an asset (eg Twitter)
- Full-time internship, allowance towards living & transportation costs
- Deadline for sending applications: 15 January 2016
- Internship duration: minimum 5-6 months
- Starting date: January 2016
If this has caught your interest, please send your application (CV + cover letter), firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.