FleishmanHillard’s Brussels office is seeking a communication intern with relevant work experience to support its Energy practice.
Within our Brussels office, our Energy Team consists of ten fulltime consultants advising a range of clients in the oil and gas and renewables industries on the implications of EU public policy for their organisations. We develop and implement advocacy and communication strategies to help them enhance their positioning. As part of a wider team we collaborate with colleagues across the office on their specific areas of expertise including manufacturing and industrials, financial services and technology, and we work with colleagues in other FleishmanHillard offices across our the Europe, Middle East and Africa region as well as with key offices around the world.
- 6-month remunerated stage
- Starting date: as soon as possible
Experience & skills required:
Candidates will have a first working experience relating to communications, ideally with some experience in the energy sector or energy issues. This experience should ideally be acquired working with the EU institutions, EU trade associations, in-house or through a communications consultancy.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent writing skills for web, print and social media
- A high degree of fluency in English a must
- An interest in energy policy
- Experience in the use of social media channels for communications relating to public policy
- Strong focus in a career in communications
- A desire to further develop digital, social and creative strategy expertise
- Dynamic team player and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of client business operations (beyond communications)
- Must be motivated and results-driven
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Proficient in most common business software applications
- A basic knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
The main responsibilities will include:
- Being vocal publicly through blogs and social media, proactively building a network through attending relevant events
- Assisting in the development of communication strategies and tactics, including social media.
- Meeting & event organisation, logistics and follow-up
- Providing political intelligence services in support of public affairs programmes
- Assisting with production of new business proposals
Our philosophy hinges on supportive team working and we look for individuals who are motived by the opportunity to be part of a market-leading, high caliber and culturally rich group. FleishmanHillard’s reputation for quality, creativity, and results is what distinguishes us in our market.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity please apply on our website: http://fleishmanhillard.com/careers/.
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency. FleishmanHillard was named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 80 offices in 29 countries, plus affiliates in 42 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
Diversified Agency Services (DAS), a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE:OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), manages Omnicom’s holdings in a variety of marketing communications disciplines. DAS includes over 200 companies, which operate through a combination of networks and regional organizations, serving international and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
Omnicom Group Inc. (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.