Intern to Support Engagement with EU Policymakers
Intern at Global Digital Foundation September 2017 to March 2018The Global Digital Foundation is a think tank that offers policymakers a framework for dialogue with stakeholders and with their counterparts in other countries so that they can develop a shared understanding of the challenges of policy in a digital world. The Global Digital Foundation is also an international network of policy expertise providing a base for interdisciplinary research and a forum for three-way learning interaction between policymakers, stakeholders and scholars.
We are seeking an intern who can work with us on a number of initiatives during the period September 2017-March 2018.
In particular we are looking for:
1) Practical support for our work:
- a) assistance in building up our contact management system with details of individuals from government, academia, trade unions, business, and NGOs who have an interest / stake in the development and application of technology;
- b) assistance hosting our events – dealing with hotels and suppliers that are necessary for the smooth running of these events.
2) Curiosity about technology, economics, and public policy in the widest sense
- a) We will look for basic research skills such as identifying leading academics in a given field, downloading, reading, and summarising academic literature (though we do not expect technical material to be necessarily understood!) for discussion with the Executive Director.
- b) Assistance in preparing early drafts of the Foundation’s analysis.
The candidate must have a passport and be eligible to travel throughout the EEA.
Please contact: email@example.com