Habitat for Humanity International’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Since 1976, Habitat has helped more than 9.8 million people obtain a safer place to sleep at night, along with the strength, stability and independence to build better lives. Habitat also advocates for fair and just housing policies and provides training and access to resources to help more families improve their shelter conditions. Habitat’s global mission was made possible thanks to its many generous donors and the hands and hearts of 1.8 million volunteers. As a non-profit Christian ministry, Habitat works in more than 70 countries and welcomes people of all races, religions and nationalities to partner in its mission. To get more information, to donate or to volunteer, please visit www.habitat.org.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Habitat is currently seeking to recruit an exciting position with Habitat for Humanity International, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA):
Foundations, Organizations and Institutions (FOI) Fundraising Intern
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identification and research of new fundraising opportunities in Europe and the Middle East
- Gathering information from different Habitat programmes around the world
- Preparing presentations, background materials, reports and proposals.
- Supporting with the donor recognition process (maintaining donor database, distributing ‘thank you’ communication to donors etc.)
- Translating documents (English/Slovak)
- Maintaining the content of the website, newsletters etc. for FOI donors
- Keeping internal records of support up to date
- performing other admin and fundraising related tasks, based on current needs of the team
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES, AND EXPERIENCE
- University student with specialization in International Relations, Marketing, Sales, Communication or a similar field
- Fluency in in English is a must, French or German is an advantage
- Very good computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with cross-cultural environment
If you’d like to join the global team in Bratislava and you qualify within the specified job requirements, submit your motivation letter and CV as ONE DOCUMENT (with position#) in English to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications: April 15 , 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To find out more about Habitat for Humanity, visit http://www.habitat.org/