APCO Worldwide is currently seeking a talented HR Intern to join their Europe HR Team for a period of six months based in Brussels. This internship will provide insights into all HR-related aspects in an international, fast-paced environment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independent, global communication, stakeholder engagement and business strategy firm. APCO helps clients anticipate what’s next and smartly manages reputational, communication and business opportunities and challenges that affect organisations, products, services or brands. Our diverse and hands-on global team of more than 650 experts often comes from the environments clients need to reach. Now in our 30th year, and with more than 30 offices around the world, we help our clients challenge conventional thinking and anticipate what’s next for their organisations.
As an independent company, we are able to invest in industry-leading programmes to help our people set the standards in their fields; from training to rich international experiences, our team develop lifelong skills and fulfilling careers at APCO, while providing exceptional service to clients. Recent awards won by APCO include: “Best Network to Work for in EMEA”, “Best Crisis Management” and “Best Use of Social Media” at The Holmes Report’s 2015 EMEA Sabre Awards; “International Consultancy of the Year” at the 2014 PR Moment Awards; “Best Crisis Management” at the 2014 CorpComms Awards; and “Best International Campaign” at the 2014 PRCA Awards.
The HR Intern will work on HR administration across eight offices in the European region in support of the regional HR team. The job holder will be required to work fairly autonomously in a busy HR office and help the smooth running of the department throughout the region. The role will report to the HR Director Europe.
– Support the HR administrative process for APCO’s 8 European offices (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, Israel, Turkey, and Russia)
– Assist and support recruitment and on-boarding through administrative activities including: CV database management, scheduling interviews, arranging induction meetings, pre-employment checks, regret letters
– Support the starters and leavers process for European offices
Create, maintain and review employee data and provide standard Excel reports
– Research employment law updates for relevant countries and ensure local compliance
– Manage database and personnel files, and ensure data integrity within HR information systems and other required databases
– Other general administrative tasks and projects as required
Maintain a satisfied level of customer service with clients both internal and external
– Properly handle HR requests through responsiveness, follow-up, and escalation
– Travel to other European offices may occasionally be required
– University degree or equivalent required
– Some relevant experience in an HR department and HR administration desirable
– Mother-tongue standard written and spoken English and French language skills
– Good knowledge of MS-Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook)
– Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
– Strong relationship-building skills
– Pro-active work style
– Enjoy working in a fast-pace and dynamic environment
– Professional approach to work and respect for confidentiality
– Eligible to work in the EU