Project Assistant Internship with JA Europe in Brussels
6 months – possibility to extend it to one year
Do you enjoy working with people in an international setting and online technologies? Are you interested in learning more about project management and entrepreneurship education? Do you see yourself as an entrepreneurial person—able to take initiative and responsibility for project as well as work well in a team? If yes, this should be the right opportunity for you!
This is 6 months paid internship based in Brussels. The expected staring date is 11th January. There is a possibility for an extension for another six months.
You will learn and improve your skills in the following areas:
- Project management
- Implementation of entrepreneurship education especially online activity
- Report writing
- Project design/development
- Communication, presentation skills, time management
- Event management
What we require:
- University Degree in a related subject
- Knowledge, skills and abilities
- The internship position is related to a project management. It is essential for the candidate to demonstrate good knowledge and experience in project management (organization).
Computer proficiency in/for:
- Word processing
- Simple accounting
- Database management
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- E-learning, MOOCs, Learning Management Systems
The successful candidate should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Excellent written and oral command of English (native speaker or equivalent level); knowledge of an additional language will be considered an asset
- Previous working experience is an advantage
- Creative and flexible, able to work in a multinational environment and to work under pressure
- Interested in e-learning technologies
- Interest in nonprofit management and educational programmes development.
This is paid internship with contract based on Belgian employment law. JA Europe is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply
Send your CV and an short motivational letter (max. 1 page), along with your earliest available start date to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 November 2015, 23:59 CET. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview during the week of 7-11 December 2015.