The MNED of the Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation offers students the possibility of an internship from September to December 2016. The Internship is particulary recommended for students of political sciences, economics, law as well as European studies.
You would be involved in following activities:
- Supporting the staff in their research and drafting reports on development policy and/or climate issues
- Scientific research on selected topics
- Research of contacts in the European institutions with a specific field of expertise
- Drafting background reports for information and visiting programs
- Compiling weekly press reviews on security, development, energy and climate topics.
- Active collaboration in the organisation, implementation and follow-up of conferences in the thematic field of European and development policy
- Active collaboration in the preparation, conception and implementation of visiting and information programs, including looking after conference participants during their stay in Brussels
- Accompanying delegations to the European Institutions, NATO and Brussels based Think Tanks
- General administrative office duties in German, English and French
- General conference organisation and calender management
- Updating the Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation’s address database and handling incoming telephone calls
- Very good spoken and written German and English language skills. Basic French skills are an asset.
- Computer literacy (Office, Power Point, Excel, Internet)
- Basic knowledge of European and/or development policy
- A vivid interest in topics related to international relations and the EU
- Ability to independently collect information in German, English and French, as well as to draft requests and reports
- Good organizational and communication skills, as well as the ability to work proactively and independently
- Work experiences due to previous internships are appreciated
- An insight in the thematic work and functioning of the MNED
- Acquaintance with the representation of a German political foundation
- The opportunity to get to know the political life of the European capital
- The chance to acquire detailed knowledge of political processes in the European institutions as well as to establish diverse contacts
For further information please visit our homepage: http://www.kas.de/mned-bruessel/
If you are interested, please send your application including your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to point out that it is an unpaid internship.