We’re looking for a trainee to join the Microsoft Public Affairs team in Brussels as Digital Communications Coordinator.
Our global team is responsible for the company’s external communications on topics such as public policy, corporate social responsibility, philanthropy, privacy, security and legal affairs.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for digital storytelling and community management as well as experience with graphic design and digital audience marketing. In this role you’ll partner with the communications managers to help curate and create great content across the full range of issues that the team has responsibility for. Sometimes you’ll work on long-from multimedia stories, other times you’ll help the team create a video that illuminates an issue or brings a message to life. On other occasions you’ll help create a simple infographic to make a particular point in a more interesting way.
- You’ll have 1+ years of relevant experience.
- You’ll have at least a bachelor’s degree.
- You’ll be web and social media savvy, ideally with prior experience in community management.
- You’ll have a strong understanding of digital media and experience creating content including long-form stories, videos and graphics.
- You’ll have an interest in EU and digital policy and the issues our team works on from corporate social responsibility, to privacy, from security and accessibility to computer science education.
- You’ll be fluent in English and have outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Graphic design skills and/or experience in running online marketing campaigns are considered a plus.
This position is located in Microsoft’s EU office in Rue Montoyer. The internship is remunerated and available for 12 months.