- Supporting the work of the PES EU Policy Unit on social and employment policy;
- Providing research and briefings on EU social and employment policy;
- Supporting the drafting of political papers, for example policy papers, speeches and press material;
- Assistance in organizing meetings and events;
- Attending at congresses, conferences, meetings, seminars and preparing reports for the PES;
- Contribute to other duties as assigned.
- A high degree of political awareness and commitment to the core values of the PES;
- Very good understanding of European decision-making, EU institutions and European politics;
- University degree or relevant experience in field of Social and Employment Policy;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Experience in organizing meetings and events would be an asset;
- Excellent English and at least 1 other EU language;
- A flexible team-player with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness;
- A good command of office IT skills
Practical information :
- Location: PES Headquarters, 98 Rue du Trône, Brussels
- Duration: starting preferably on the 15th of September 2016 for 6 months
- This is a paid internship
Please send your application letter, accompanied by a detailed CV, to Marije Laffeber, PES Deputy Secretary General, before 29/08/2016. Applications should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Trainee Social and Employment Policy.
The PES promotes equal opportunities for women and men.