Field of activity
EUEI PDF (EU Energy Initiative – Partnership Dialogue Facility)
The EU Energy Initiative – Partnership Dialogue Facility (EUEI PDF) is an instrument developed by a number of EU Member States and the European Commission in the context of the EU Energy Initiative (EUEI).
The overall objective of the EUEI PDF is to support the development of policies and strategies for the promotion of access to energy at national and regional level. These are based on dialogue within and between partner countries, their regional organisations, EU member states and the European Commission. Beyond that, EUEI PDF also acts as a secretariat to the Africa-EU Energy Partnership (AEEP) and as one of the implementers of the Africa-EU Renewable Energy Cooperation Programme (RECP).
The EUEI PDF Project Management Unit (PMU) is hosted by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in Eschborn, Germany. For liaison to the European institutions as well as EU member states and non-governmental organisations, a liaison office operates
- Support the EUEI PDF project managers and the Brussels liaison officer respectively in their day-to-day business
- Support in research and analysis related to energy policy, private sector cooperation and capacity development for energy with a focus on Africa
- Assist with the organisation of meetings and EUEI PDF events or presentations, including planning and logistics
- Assistance in the development of documents, publications and communication materials
- Support in the process of the Africa-EU Energy Partnership, for which the EUEI PDF acts as a Secretariat
- In Brussels: Participate in internal and external meetings and energy-related events taking place in Brussels
- In Eschborn: Support in the preparation and implementation of thematic studies (e.g. on biomass or other renewable energies)
- Independent development of own thematic contributions for internal and external communication of the EUEI PDF
- Assistance in and/or carrying out of other activities and tasks, as assigned by EUEI PDF staff
Qualifications and Competencies
- Academic background: political science, economics, development studies, environmental studies, engineering, or similar
- Professional/academic experience with energy
- Languages: English must; French and German advantageous
- Very good interpersonal, communication, and team skills
- 01.10.2015 – 31.03.2016 (Eschborn 1)
- 01.03.2016 – 31.05.2016 (Brussels / with the option to extend the internship up to six months)
- 01.03.2016 – 31.08.2016 (Eschborn 2)
Please let them know for which period and country you apply.
They will pay a monthly stipent of € 1.463,- (gross pay) in Germany.
They will pay a lump sum depending on the country and the duration of the internship.
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago.
For further information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Note that group interviews for all three positions are likely to take place in the third week of September 2015.
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 08.09.2015.
+49 6196 79-3216
For more information please visit here.