Imperial Tobacco is a FTSE Top 25 organisation and one of the world’s leading tobacco companies with a global footprint spanning more than 160 countries around the world. As you’d expect with our global footprint, it goes without saying that Imperial Tobacco has a significant number of Corporate Affairs challenges across the world.
We are looking for an EU Affairs Intern to join our Brussels Office team from mid-November to beginning of December 2015, for a duration of 4-6 months. The successful candidate will assist the Brussels Corporate Affairs team in managing our engagement strategies across the EU on a number of key issues. This is a great opportunity to experience what it is like to be part of a dynamic Corporate Affairs community in a multi-national organisation, operating in a complex and challenging regulatory environment.
- Undertaking research into regulatory issues across Europe
- Building Corporate Affairs strategies for upcoming regulatory issues
- Updating and maintaining European stakeholder mapping
- Assisting in the delivery of webinars, newsletters and other communications activities
- Providing ad hoc support in the development of visual communications materials and in the running of our Twitter handle
- Eligibility to work in Belgium with flexibility to travel if needed
- Good knowledge of the EU decision making process
- A passion to understand and practise Corporate Affairs
- Excellent communication skills & strong analytical skills
- Good oral and written English skills
- A drive to be challenged
- Well organised, attention to detail and a hands-on/pro-active attitude
- An enthusiasm for Corporate Affairs Communications is required, experience in communications tools preferred (newsletter mailing software, website management, infographics/design software)
The position is remunerated. If you are interested in this excellent learning opportunity, please send your CV and cover letter by Wednesday 28th October 2015 to: Dries.Maebe@belux.imptob.com