REC – The Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe hľadá stážistu: Communications and Public Relations – Internship. Position number: Intern 2016/4
The Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe provides assistance in addressing environmental challenges by promoting cooperation among key environmental stakeholders, including governments, non-governmental organisations and businesses. Established in 1990 by the United States of America, Hungary and the European Commission, the REC is an international organisation, which, with its independent, non-partisan, non-advocacy, non-profit status, has become a model for open, efficient and accountable international cooperation. For more than 25 years the REC has maintained multi-stakeholder platforms and offered technical assistance to the countries of the region for fostering sustainable development, thereby contributing to the improvement of the environment, social cohesion, stability and well-being. The geographical focus of the REC’s operations is Central and Eastern Europe, South Eastern Europe and Turkey, and the countries of the EU’s Eastern Partnership and Southern Neighbourhood through its regional office network and its head office in Szentendre, not far from the Hungarian capital, Budapest.
The REC is currently looking for a Communications and Public Relations Intern to support activities connected to key REC projects (e.g. WATER SUM) and REC branding. This internship offers an opportunity to gain insight into the activities of an influential international organisation whose mission is to assist in addressing environmental issues in Central and Eastern Europe. The intern will be based at the REC’s head office in Szentendre, Hungary.
Internship tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- supporting social media activities and outreach;
- helping to edit and post website content;
- assisting in developing publications;
- contributing to database development;
- supporting events and assisting in writing event-related press releases and feature articles;
- assisting in planning and implementing new initiatives; and
- providing general, day-to-day assistance.
- The intern will be paid a monthly stipend in line with the REC’s internal policies.
- The REC will provide the intern with a work station suitable for the performance of his/her tasks.
- The REC will provide the guidance and supervision necessary to ensure a mutually beneficial learning and working process.
Work experience, knowledge and skill level required
- Work experience in environment-related communication.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Experience with social media and event management.
- Excellent written and spoken English (fluency in any other CEE language is an asset).
- University degree in communications, public relations and/or journalism.
- A degree in the environmental field, or any further study related to the environment, is an advantage.
This full-time internship is based at the REC’s Head Office in Szentendre, Hungary, and is for a fixed period of six months.
Candidates should send a detailed CV and a motivation letter in English (only English-language applications will be considered) outlining their interest in the position and their personal qualifications to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is June 15, 2016.
Please indicate the position reference number Intern 2016/4 in the subject line.
Note: Given the large number of applications that we usually receive for each positions, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.