The Trans European Policy Studies Association (TEPSA) is an independent research network comprising 37 leading research institutes in the field of European affairs throughout Europe, managed by an office in Brussels. TEPSA’s aim is to provide high quality research on European integration in order to stimulate discussion on policies and political options for Europe, and to analyse, assess and advice on current EU topics. These goals are achieved by interaction with the European and national institutions as well as with the academic and think tank community. For further details, see our website: www.tepsa.eu.
TEPSA is currently seeking an intern to work at Brussels headquarters from early 2016 for a period of approximately four months. The successful candidate will join our small and dynamic office, where everyone plays an important role and has an impact.
The intern will be in contact with TEPSA member institutes, EU institutions and other think tanks and academia across Europe. The internship provides an opportunity to broaden your network in these circles. TEPSA offers a paid internship that would best suit a candidate with master’s degree in European studies, political science or public administration, who has already acquired experience in EU projects or in organising activities in the field of EU affairs.
- Providing assistance in editing reports, newsletters and publications
- Assistance in website management/general administration
- Support in the preparation of tender applications for EU institutions and other funds
- Contribute to the organisation of conferences and other activities
- Contact with the European institutions
- He/she will contribute to the overall coordination and implementation of TEPSA activities
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in European studies, political science, European law, public administration or a related discipline
- Excellent organisational skills (proven experience)
- Fluent in English (native speaker an advantage), other languages an asset
- Excellent knowledge of the internal workings of the EU institutions and decision making processes
- Detailed knowledge of MS Office programs
- Eligible to work in Belgium
- Experience in the organisation of events in the field of EU affairs and/or experience in EU projects are considered an advantage
Applicants are requested send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com, with ‘Internship’ in the subject line. The cover letter can be addressed to Ms. Mirte van den Berge, TEPSA’s Executive Director. Closing date for applications is 20 December 2015 (midnight). Please note we will only able to contact shortlisted candidates.