Follow up and setting up projects in line with the objectives of the international policy of the University of Limoges, particularly in the context of European and international projects focusing on achieving labels of excellence, particularly Marie Curie and COST.
Submission of competitive proposals in the field of research, education and governance both at European and international level.
Secondary activity :
- Strategic monitoring : collect, analyze and dissemination of European and international programs in the scientific fields of the University of Limoges;
- Developing new opportunities: identification of new projects leaders within the University by implementing a outreach work;
- Promotion of projects: valorization of the services of the Project Support Office and its main results both within university and at international level.
NB: these main missions apply to all thematic fields of the University of Limoges:
- Chemistry, Control and Environmental Protection;
- Engineering, Materials Science and Structures;
- Art, Literature, Languages and Humanities and Social Sciences;
- Life Sciences and Health;
- Science and Information Technologies;
Work Enviromment :
The mission is carried out at the crossroads of research, international and pedagogical activities
Under the responsibility of the Director of the International Office and in close collaboration with the Vice Chancellor of the International Strategy.
The International Office is composed of a team of 15 permanents officers and international trainees (short missions); the missions of the Project Support Office are part of a general framework of project support team within the University working in a close collaboration basis with the Research Office and Education Office.
Accordingly to the previous elements, the candidate is called up for collaborative approach either with the others officers and research managers at central and local level, as well as with the officers of Research Office and of Finances Office.
The University of Limoges is located in the region of Limousin, at the heart of France. Limoges has an outstanding quality of life and has all the advantages of a middle city, which combines richness and quality of cultural life and the proximity of local services.
Experience and required skills :
Education: minimum master degree in Political Sciences, European Studies, and / or Human and Social Sciences such as Sociology, Economy, or other relevant disciplines.
Relevant experience: (minimum 7 years) of project building of European and international projects in the field of research, education and governance.
Languages skills: native or bilingual level in English (level C2, this is a mandatory criteria), and very good written and spoken French language skills. NB: English native applications will be studied first.
A good knowledge of one of the Centre’s other working languages (German, Spanish, Portuguese) would be an advantage.
Expertise in EU and international projects: previous experience on projects successful acquisition under the framework of Marie Curie and COST would be considered a crucial advantage.
Elementar Knowledge :
- Substantial knowledge of higher education and research environment in France and Europe and experience of EU institutions environment;
- Substantial knowledge of general and specific operating funding of the European Union on training and research
Job related skills / Aptitude:
- Excellent project development and project building skills both at European and international level;
- Proposal Submission meeting short deadlines;
- Coordination of an international consortium: proposal setting up and critical re-writing proposals;
- Excellent writing skills ;
- Analytical mind ;
- Outstanding lobbying and networking skills.
- High availability, sense of service
- Rigor and sense of responsibility;
- Autonomy and proactivity;
- A team-worker with good interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multilevel environment.
Fixed term contract (upon to 1 year) with a possibility of extension on the basis of results and performance.
Starting date: as soon as possible, preferably beginning of October 2016
Salary: annual gross base between 30 and 50 k€.
Wage salary evolution’s can be discussed. Very attractive holiday’s package.
The University of Limoges is an equal opportunities employer.
Please reply by Wednesday 21 September 2016 with the following:
Cover letter addressing specifically the vacancy announcement;
Reply by e-mail to: email@example.com
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted;
Interviews will be conducted in September 2016;
We are unable to cover travel expense for interviews.
Phone. : (0033) 555 14 90 96