The Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) is looking to recruit an exceptional individual to direct our programme of engagement with policy makers and business leaders to support the transition to a just, low carbon, resource efficient economy. The role is suited to a highly motivated, enthusiastic and multifaceted individual who combines experience of leading a team of professionals and partners with deep knowledge of the topic in both a policy and business leadership context. The appointment will be made through our Brussels-based subsidiary company.
Through our offices in Cambridge, Brussels and Cape Town, and our network of delivery partners around the world, we build leadership capacity across business, government and financial institutions to tackle critical global challenges such as climate change, resource scarcity and inequality. Our formula of business action, policy dialogue, research and education has made an impact for more than 25 years. Our Patron, HRH The Prince of Wales, has inspired and supported many of our initiatives including our flagship plan ten-year plan to ‘rewire’ the economy to deliver the Sustainable Development Goals.
Based in Brussels, the Policy Team Director will lead some of our highest profile activities including the Prince of Wales’s Corporate Leaders Group (CLG), the EU Green Growth Platform, and international projects on carbon pricing and fossil fuel subsidy reform. The team’s current five year goals are as follows:
– Raise governments’ ambition to deliver a just transition to a zero-carbon future
– Strengthen the carbon price signal
– Shift the investment pipeline to align with a zero-carbon economy.
S/he will also be expected to develop strategies with business, government and finance partners, as well as thought leadership with academics, to support the five-year goals. You will bring with you a strong network of peers and influencers in European Union and international institutions.
With responsibility for inspiring, leading and growing a high-performance team based in both Cambridge and Brussels (currently 12 people) s/he will have a track record of success in these areas:
– maintaining and building relationships with very senior leaders and policy makers in government and business, particularly in an EU and international context, to enable delivery of goals
– chairing and facilitating meetings with Board-level business leaders, government ministers and senior representatives of multilateral agencies
– building alignment within an international network of partners and collaborators
– securing income from business, government and philanthropic sources to enable impact/growth
– running multiple projects smoothly and effectively to high standards of quality, risk and impact
– overseeing strategy and business planning in alignment with wider organisational needs.
The appointee will be educated to first degree level as a minimum, preferably with a Masters-level qualification in a relevant area. Fluency in at least one other European language in addition to English is desirable.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
The closing date for applications is Monday 7th March 2016.
To apply, please email a cover letter (explaining the relevance of your skills and background to this position) with a résumé to email@example.com