– initiate financial files for validation of budgetary and legal commitments, payments, estimates of amounts receivable and recovery orders in compliance with the EU Financial Regulation and all other applicable rules and procedures;
– ensure the archiving of all financial files and contracts;
– monitoring and reporting:
a. monitoring of budget planning and execution (commitment and payment consumption),
b. monitoring of contract consumption vis-à-vis ceilings in place,
c. preparation of financial exception reports,
d. preparation of reporting documents to be submitted to CoR political bodies (e.g. the CoR’s Commission for Financial and Administrative Affairs),
e. follow-up of Audit recommendations.
– establish and update a manual of procedures related to studies and contracts management.
– support the units of the Directorate in operational and financial planning and in the correct budgeting of their needs (e.g for external events);
– verification and monitoring of the budget execution and reporting to the management.
– preparation of the Directorate’s Annual Activity Report;
– follow-up of the CoR’s Internal Control Standards working group;
– coordination of the ex-post verification exercise and internal audits.
– thorough knowledge of the European Union Financial Regulation and practical experience in the area of EU public procurements;
– strong understanding of the EU budgetary cycle and processes related to budget planning and execution;
– good knowledge of Ms Excel;
– experience in preparing administrative planning and reporting documents;
– good team player, communicative and client-oriented person;
– very good organisation and prioritisation skills, good eye for detail;
– thorough knowledge of one official language of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another official language of the EU. For functional reasons, a good knowledge of English is required, a good knowledge of French is considered as an asset.