The Central European Labour Studies Institute (CELSI) fosters multidisciplinary research about labour markets and institutions, work, employment and organizations. We are part of international research projects and we host the Bratislava WageIndicator Office of the global WageIndicator network fostering labour market transparency through innovative web-based tools, research, media appearance and social media. Within our dynamic young research team, we offer a SUMMER INTERNSHIPS IN RESEARCH PROJECTS (2 internships, weekly hours negotiable)
- Master’s student or graduate in public policy, economics, political sciences, sociology or similar
- advanced knowledge of English (English is the working language for all your duties)
- interest in labour market related research and policy
- experience with academic writing in English (you have written position papers and term papers in English)
- computer literacy, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and social media in particular
Research assistance in one of our current international research projects (data collection, press releases, policy briefing papers, research reports):
- With Innovative Tools Against Gender Pay Gap (WITA GPG) – compare information on wages, labour law and career perspectives in EU-28 and Turkey (preparing press releases based on statistical data)
- With Innovative Tools for Bargaining Support in the Commerce Sector (BARCOM) – searching, analyzing and coding collective agreements in 10 countries
- Bargaining and Social Dialogue in the Public Sector (BARSOP) – data collection on relevant legislation, collective agreements and employment statistics in Slovakia and Czech Republic
What we offer
- stimulating environment with excellent contacts in our international research, data analysis and policy networks
- a modest contribution towards your expenditures in Bratislava, Slovakia
The starting date is negotiable, but not later than 1 July 2016. Internships take 2-3 months maximum. The place of internship is Bratislava, Slovakia.
Please send your electronic application, including a motivation letter and your CV, in one pdf file, stating CELSI RESEARCH INTERNSHIP in the subject line, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.