WaterAid is an intenrational non-governemtnal organisation that works with communities and partners in low and middle income countries with the mission of ensuring everyone, everywhere has access to water, sanitation and hygiene. Our policy and campaigns department based in London, UK are an integral part of this mission and responsible for leading our policy and influencing agenda globally.
WaterAid is looking for a consultant, operating on a fixed term contract, to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives through achieving access to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in some of the world’s poorest communities.
Working from Burssel, Belgium, this person would help us develop and then lead an influencing strategy targeted at the institutions of the European Union.
You would work with colleagues in our UK-based Policy and Campaigns department. You will:
- Develop, nurture and leverage key relationships in EU institutions.
- Develop WaterAid’s profile in Brussels as a thought leader on water, sanitation and hygiene and related areas.
- Build successful partnerships with external partners in the not-for-profit and corporate sectors to extend the reach of our messages.
To be successful, you will have extensive experience of working in a policy and/or advocacy role focused on the institutions of the European Union. We need someone with:
- Substantial EU knowledge, experience and networks.
- Sound political judgement and proven experience of engaging with and influencing decision makers at the Council of the EU, Commission and Parliament, including a good contact list.
- Knowledge of international development policy, preferably as it relates to health, education, water or sanitation or an associated field such as humanitarian relief or climate change/global environmental policy.
By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have access to clean water and sanitation. We need you to help us make it happen.
How to apply
- Download a role description (.docx) >
- Send a CV, cover letter and daily billing rate to Ross Bailey at email@example.com
There is no deadline for applying but we encourage you to get in touch as soon as possible. Funding is secured for this role until 31 May 2017.
Please note: This role is being hired on a consultancy basis in Brussels, and you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Belgium.