WWF believes in a future where people and nature thrive, so we’re committed to safeguarding the natural world. WWF has teams of experts working in over 100 countries to protect the natural resources that sustain and inspire us: our forests, rivers, oceans, climate, food and wildlife. WWF harnesses the collective power of supporters around the world, communities, companies and governments to create real solutions for people and the planet.
One of the ways we’re going to safeguard the natural world is by influencing decisions made by government and companies. This is the role of the Policy and Business team. We’re looking to defend and extend key EU and Belgian environmental policies and laws. We’re also working with companies whose products, supply chains, business models have a critical impact on the species and places we seek to protect. We are challenging them to change their practices towards sustainable patterns.
WWF employs knowledgeable, talented people who are passionate about engaging and inspiring others. People who share our optimism that it’s possible to change the world. People who are determined to make a difference.
As Director of policy & business, you’ll be member of the Executive team (SMT) and you’ll manage a team of 7 people. You’ll be accountable for:
– developing the strategic approach to achieve WWF’s goals in policy & business;
implementing the strategic approach through the development and execution of annual operational plans;
– managing the performance and development of your people and team;
feeling motivated by the challenge and opportunity of managing people, and holding them accountable for delivery;
– prioritizing, adapting and making decisions as necessary in a fast-moving context;
– being able to function as an organizational leader owning responsibility for organization-wide goals, as well as focusing on the specific priorities of your own role;
– developing public policy positions & corporate partnerships in collaboration with the members of the team;
– representing WWF in meetings with government officials, companies, roundtables, etc;
– building a network and setting up collaborations with other organizations to advance the policy & business goals;
the know-how to influence and persuade policy makers and business leaders.
- A degree or advanced degree in a relevant field (or equivalent).
- Significant experience (10 years+) working on relevant nature-related policy & business issues – candidates with both government/politics and industry experience preferred.
- Proven experience in people management (5 years+).
- Experience with developing and implementing strategic approaches.
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English.
- A familiarity with working with politicians and business including those at the most senior levels.
- Excellent communication skills for both small meetings and large events.
- track record of writing and delivering position papers, speeches, and presentations.
- Knowledge of federal & regional regulatory and legislative processes.
- A passion for the future of our Planet & for Nature.
- A permanent contract on a full time basis.
- An attractive package including mobile phone, laptop, representation allowances, meal vouchers, pension insurance, hospitalization insurance, 100% refund on public transport costs.
- A pleasant working environment in the Centre of Brussels, easily accessible by public transportation.
- The opportunity to contribute to the mission of WWF and to share the values of our organization to which you adhere naturally.
To apply, please click here.